The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) has fixed prices for 40 different formulations produced by 12 manufacturers which applied for the same by submitting Form-I for price fixation/revision as stipulated under DPCO, 2013.
The authority is a price monitoring competent agency and retail prices of 40 formulations has been fixed by the under Drugs (Prices Control) Order (DPCO) 2013.
Till now, 12 manufacturers are there whose prices for 40 different formulations have been capped under the DPCO 2013.
“Vide SO 1674E dated 28th May, the prices of 40 formulations have been fixed under the DPCO 2013. These formulations are called as ‘New Drug’ under para 2 (u) and their prices are fixed under Para 15 (2) of DPCO. These are combinations of a scheduled formulation with another drug listed or unlisted in the NLEM, for which price approval is sought under Form I by existing manufacturers of that scheduled formulation. This notification will ensure affordable medicines for Indians in important chronic therapies to treat diabetes and hypertension.” said Dr Amit Rangnekar, Chairman- Pricing Committee, IDMA.
“Out of the 40 retail price fixed formulations, 24 formulations are manufactured by the contract manufacturing firms and 16 by the companies themselves. It is noteworthy that our company Akums Drugs manufactures 20 formulations on contract manufacturing, and therefore with this price fixation, we may see more business coming to us.” told DC Jain, Chairman, Akums Drugs and Pharmaceuticals.
Directions has also been made by the NPPA to the manufacturers for fixing the retails price as specified in the notification. It has also permitted the manufacturer to add to the price the fraction for the GST, provided, if they have paid for it or it is payable to the government on the retail price announced by the price fixing authority.
Paragraph 11 of the DPCO says, 2013, the retail price for a pack of the formulation should come from the concerned manufacturer in accordance with the retail price specified.
The notification has also mentioned paragraph 24 of the DPCO, 2013, that manufacturers also need to issue a price list in Form–V, from the date of notification to the NPPA through Integrated Pharmaceutical DataBase Management System (IPDMS) and to submit a copy to the State Drug Controller and dealers.
List of price fixed formulations by the NPPA are as follows:-
1) Voglibose +Metformin tablet (My Vobo 0.3M),
2)Voglibose + Metformin tablet (My Vobo 0.2M),
3)Glimepiride + Metformin tablet (My GainPro SR2 Forte),
4) Glimepiride+Metformin tablet (My GainPro SR2),
5) Omeprazole + domperidone capsule (Oldolan),
6) Pantoprazole tablet (MyPrazol),
7) Glimepiride + Metformin +Pioglitazone tablet (MyGainPro P2),
8) Glimepiride + Metformin + Piaglitazone tablet (MyGainPro P1),
9) Pantoprazole +Levosulpiride capsule
10) Pantoprazole + domperidone tablet (MyPrazol D),
11)Telmisartan+hydrochlorothiazide tablet (MyTenslo H),
12) Glimepiride + Metformin tablet
(My GainPro SR1),
13) Glimepiride + Metformin tablet (My GainPro SR1),
14) Losartan +hydrochlorothiazide tablet (MyLosdro H),
15) Telmisartan + amlodipine tablet (MyTenslo A),
16) Atorvastatin + Ezetimibe tablet,
17) Rabeprazole + domperidone tablet
18) Rabeprazole + Domperidone Capsule (Ridzogas SR D),
19) Norethisteone Acetate tablet,
20) Glimepiride (1 mg) + Voglibose + Metformin hydrochloride tablet,
21) Glimepiride + voglibose + Metformin Hydrochloride tablet,
22) Atorvastatin + Clopidogrel + Aspirin capsule,
23) Atorvastatin + Clopidogrel + Aspirin capsule,
24) Levocarnitine + Methylcobalamin + Folic acid tablet (Carnitor Plus),
25) Ramipril + Metoprolol tablet,
26)Ramipril + Metoprolol tablet,
27) Metformin Hydrochloride + Gliclazide tablet (Glikey-M),
28) Metoprolol + Telmisartan +
29) Ferric Ammonium
Citrate + Vitamin B12 + Folic Acid +
Zinc Sulphate monohydrate Syrup,
30) Docaravimab + Miromavimab injection 3000IU /5 ml,
31) Docaravimab and Miromavimab Injection 3000 IU /10 ml,
32) docaravimab and
Miromavimab injection 1500 IU /2.5 ml,
33) Docaravimab and miromavimab injection 600 IU / ml,
34) Alpha Lipoic Acid + Folic Acid + Methylcobalamin + Vitamin D3 + Pyridoxine tablets,
35) Calcium Carbonate + Vitamin D3 + Mecobalamin + L-Methylfolate + Pyridoxal -5 Phosphate tablet,
36) Atorvastatin tablet
37) Atorvastatin tablet
38) Atorvastatin + Ezetimibe tablet,
39) Esomeprazole + domperidone capsule
40) Metoprolol + Telmisartan + Chlorthalidone tablet