Shocking & Electrifying Miracle News of Treatment of an Electrocuted Boy

Thanks to Indraprastha Apollo, 16 year boy got Second Heart Beat

New Delhi: In what might be genuinely called a miracle, a 16-year-old boy who suffered from a severe electric shock was brought back to life in Indraprastha Apollo Hospital.

The boy had come in contact with a high voltage live wire that had fell on an iron railing at his shop in Old Delhi. He met with this near fatal incident while he inspecting damage caused to his shop due to heavy rains that lashed out the city.

The boy was found in a lifeless condition by people from nearby in a state of shock, stuck motionless to railing while current still running through his body. He could only be rescued after 10 minutes when people got the electricity supply cut from the powerhouse of that area.

He was rushed to Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals and was admitted to the Emergency. On admission, the patient hadno heartbeat, an absent pulse rate and progressively falling blood pressure owing to the damage caused by the continuous flow of electricity to his body. With exceptionally low chances of survival, Dr. Priyadarshini Pal, Emergency Head, Emergency & Critical Care, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals and her team quickly responded to his critical condition and with timely treatment the patient regained his consciousness after 36 hours, and was discharged after five days of his treatment.

Dr. Priyadarshini Pal, said, “Theboy was brought into the Emergency in an unconscious and unresponsive state and did have a heartbeat. Upon evaluation it was discovered that due to the severe and prolonged electric shock he had suffered a cardiac arrest and his pulse could not be felt. We immediately gave him a CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation) to try and revive the patient. The process was extremely critical because any delay in CPR after a cardiac arrest could have led to a possible irreversible brain damage, but we were able to revive the patient after CPR that lasted for an unusual time of almost 45 mins. “

Fortunately his other organs had not suffered any damage, hence after 36 hours the patient regained full consciousness. His progress was closely monitored for five days and the patient was discharged in a healthy state after that”, she further added

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here