Apply online, the link is given below: The Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) was formed under article 315(1) of the Constitution of India on May 1, 1960.
To select applicants for civil service in the Indian state of Gujarat according to the merits of the applicants and the rules of reservation. It was formed in 1960.
Post: Senior Scientific Officer, Class-1, Gujarat Drugs Service, Health and Family Welfare Department
Online applications are invited for the post of Senior Scientific Officer (Division of Drugs), Gujarat Drugs Service, Class-I (Advt. No. 17/2022-23) under The Health and Family Welfare Department, Gujarat State, during Date: 25/ 08/2022, 13:00 p.m. to Date: 09 / 09/2022, 13:00 p.m.
No of posts: 02 General
Department: HEALTH and FAMILY WELFARE DEPARTMENT
Description / Duties: All the duties and responsibilities of the Senior Scientific Officer, Class-1, Gujarat Drugs Service, Health and Family Welfare Department
Pay Scale: Pay Matrix- 67700 – 208700
Probation: 2 Years
Educational Qualification & Experience: –
(i) a post-graduate degree in Medicine / Science / Pharmacy / Pharmaceutical Chemistry or Degree of Pharm.D obtained from any of the Universities established or incorporated by or under the Central or State Act in India; or any other educational institution recognized as such or declared to be deemed as a university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act,1956; or
(ii) the associateship diploma of the Institution of Chemists (India) obtained by passing the said examination with „ Analysis of drugs and Pharmaceuticals‟ as one of the subjects:
B. (i) have about five years combined or separate experience in the field of testing at least one of the substances specified in “schedule C” of the drugs and cosmetics Rules, 1945; in Quality Control / Quality Assurance / Analytical Drug Laboratory / Research and Development Department of a Pharmaceutical establishment / in the field related to Pharmaceutical Technology / in the Laboratory approved for this purpose by licensing authority or in Government / Government Undertaking / Board / Corporation or Limited Company established under the Companies Act,2013.
(3) Possess the basic knowledge of computer applications as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil Services Classification and Recruitment (General) Rules, 1967;
(4) Have adequate knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi or both.
Age: Not more than 43 years. (One Year of relaxation in the upper age limit is included as per G.A.D. Notification Dated on 14/10/2021)
Upper Age Limit shall be relaxed as under :
Female Candidates: 05 Years (up to maximum 45 years)
Disabled Candidates (if mentioned): 10 years (Subject to a Maximum of 45 Years on the basis of a Medical certificate issued by the Medical Board) Candidates having disabilities other than those prescribed above are not eligible for application
Ex. Serviceman Including E.C.O. / S.S.C.O.: Length of Military Service plus three years (Maximum Up to 45 years.)
As per Gujarat Civil Services Classification and Recruitment (General) Rules 1967, A candidate of Gujarat Govt.
The employee is already in Gujarat Govt. service, either as a permanent or a temporary officiating continuously for six months, and had not crossed the age limit prescribed for the advertised post at the time of his first appointment.
(i) If experience is prescribed as one of the qualifications, the upper age limit shall not apply.
(ii) If experience is not prescribed as one of the qualifications and a Govt. servant appointed to a post requiring a Medical, Engineering, Veterinary, or Agriculture degree or diploma and who applied for any such post, the upper age limit shall not apply.
(iii) If experience is not prescribed as one of the qualifications in the advertisement, Govt. servants who are working on the post from which an employee can be promoted to the post so advertised, be entitled to relaxation of 5 years, or to the extent of an equal number of years for which service has been put in by him, whichever is less
Candidates of the General category have to pay Rs. 100/- + applicable postal charges, while Candidates belonging to reserved categories and Economically Weaker Section of Unreserved category of Gujarat state and Ex. Serviceman and P.H. Candidates do not need to fees. While candidates of the reserved category of other states have to pay the prescribed application fee.
(1) If the application is to be made for more than one advertisement, a separate application for each advertisement shall be made and the fee shall be paid.
(2) Unreserved category candidates, if they pay the fee at the post office of Rs. 100 + postal charges and an online fee of Rs. 100 + service charges a fee to be paid.
Candidates belonging to reserved categories (economically weaker sections, socially and educationally backward classes, Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Tribes) and physically challenged candidates and ex-servicemen are exempted from the fee.
So they don’t have to pay any fee. If the reserved category candidates applying for non-reserved seats, the application fee will not be charged.
(3) Where reserved posts are not mentioned in the advertisement for reserved category candidates, such candidates may apply for non-reserved posts and non-reserved criteria will be applicable for selection.
(4) Even if posts are not reserved for women candidates in the advertisement, women candidates can apply in that category.
(5) In the advertisement where some posts are reserved for women candidates out of the total posts in that category, the remaining posts other than the posts reserved for women candidates shall not be treated as reserved for male candidates only, these posts may be considered for selection of 52 male as well as female candidates.
Both male and female candidates can apply. (Eg out of a total of 10 posts 03 posts are reserved for female candidates 2 but against the remaining 07 posts female candidates 2 may be selected.)
(6) Even if posts are reserved only for female candidates in the advertisement, those in that category Male candidates can do 2nd and 2nd because if female candidates are not available then male candidates can be considered for these 52 posts.
But the posts which are reserved for women candidates only and if the number of HILA candidates are fully selected/selected, they will be given first consideration and if no female candidates are selected or fewer HILA candidates are selected, male candidates will be considered accordingly will be taken (Eg total 10 seats are reserved for female candidates and if 08 female candidates are selected then 02 male candidates can be selected.)
(7) Candidates who are eligible for 2nd verification based on the result of the preliminary test, should inform the commission. Then the necessary certificates/documents have to be scanned and uploaded online on the Commission’s website.
Any Other Conditions
1. Candidate shall carefully read Advertisement No. and Name of the Post before Applying online. Candidates shall confirm the application only after verifying the details filled in the application form.
2. Any request or representation to correct any error or omission in the confirmed online application, or information filled in by the candidates shall not be accepted.
Tentative date of Preliminary Test: 29/01/2023
Tentative date of Primary Test Result: March.-2023
Tentative month of Interview: June-2023
Tentative month of Interview Result: Result will be published within 10 working days after Completion of Interviews
Last Date : 9th September 2022