Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals having excellent academic record & relevant experience for the following position purely on temporary and contractual basis under the funded project.
Post :Domain Analyst
Name of the Project : “Manav – Human Atlas Initiative”
Funding agency : Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India.
Project Code : 30818410
Minimum Educational Qualification & experience : Ph.D. in Clinical Biology / Pharmaceutical Sciences / Public Health Research / Life Sciences / Systems Biology / Bioinformatics OR M.Sc. / M.Pharm. with relevant specialization with minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Clinical Biology / Pharmaceutical Sciences / Public Health Research / Life Sciences / Systems Biology / Bioinformatics
Preference : Candidates with a Ph.D. or M.Sc. with more than 2 years of relevant experience, having good communication skills and experience in systems biology and / or bioinformatics and /or network building will be preferred
Job requirement :
The incumbent is expected
1) To interact with the Domain expert to understand how scientific research articles (especially in clinical biology and pharmaceutical sciences) will be selected, how annotations will be performed and the output and network generated from them through automation tools, for this project.
2) To be proficient in contributing (selection and reading) research articles, to test the quality of molecular networks created from these articles and formulate a network evaluation system for quality assurance.
3) To work with the science communication teams to support the project.
Tenure of the appointment : Initially for a period of 9 months, extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project.
Consolidated emoluments : Rs. 50,000 /- per month
Age : Not more than 32 years as on last date of application
HOW TO APPLY:
• Interested candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria may apply online. Click on the link “Apply Online” (just below this advertisement) to apply for the post. Kindly upload a copy of CV (PDF format) while filing online application Form. The last date for filling online applications is March 15, 2021.
• List of shortlisted candidates for selection process (to be carried out preferably over video call) with details of date & time will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and the shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail only. Therefore, please mention active Mobile Number and Email ID in the application form.
• Recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected and verified at an appropriate stage.
1. The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
3. The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
5. The prescribed educational qualification and / or experience is the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for selection process. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible to carry out selection process for all the candidates.
Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the selection process to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualification/s and experience/s over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
6. Age relaxation commensurate with relevant experience of the applicant may be considered with the prior approval of the competent authority.
7. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
8. No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
9. Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.