The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) -National Institute of Occupational Health has been working for many years towards improving the management of occupational health risks in India.
ICMR-NIOH is an occupational health research institute funded by the Government of India that is responsible for helping the national policy makers to develop the most suitable and effective policies for eliminating and reducing cases of serious work-related ill health and disease.
The ultimate goal of ICMR-NIOHs work is to reduce the burden of the occupational diseases that have the greatest negative impact on both public health and the productivity of the economy in India.
Post : Jr. Research Fellow
Online Application are invited from eligible candidates for filling up the post of Jr. Research Fellow under the time bound research project entitled “Cataloguing metamobilome based environmental antimicrobial resistance patterns in pharmaceutical industries clusters of Gujarat” funded by ICMR at ICMR-National Institute of Occupational Health (NIOH) Ahmedabad. The post is purely temporary, ad-hoc & contractual basis and coterminus with project.
Essential Qualifications :Post Graduate Degree in (Microbial Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Pharmaceutical analysis, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Molecular Biology or similar allied Life Sciences branches) OR Post Graduate Degree in professional course (Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bioengineering, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology) selected through a process described through any one of the following:
A). Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests — CSIR-UGC, NET, including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
B). The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IIsc, IISER, etc.
Desirable Qualifications : Candidates having essential qualification with GPAT. Experience in handling HPLC, LC-MS/MS, Gas chromatography instruments. Able to perform basic molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid isolation, PCR, RT-PCR, Western blotting. Experience in handling metagenomics and whole genome data. Data aggregation from various scholarly databases.
Age : Upper age limit is 28 Years on the date of interview.
Consolidated Salary : Rs. 31,000 per month + 24% HRA
Place of work : ICMR-National Institute of Occupational Health, Ahmedabad
Job Requirement : Sample collection (wastewater and soil samples) from pharmaceutical industrial area, Chemical analysis using high-end analytical instruments, Nucleic acid isolation, genomic sequencing data acquisition and analysis. Reports and paper writing, scholarly data acquisition and arrangement for publications.
Terms & Conditions
1. The eligible candidates willing to apply for the posts may download the application from the ICMR-NIOH website (nioh.org). The application duly signed by the applicant along with self-attested copies of the certificates. (a) Proof of Date of Birth (b) Qualification (c) Experience (d) Recent Passport size photograph, e) Reserved Category certificate, should be sent to ICMR-NIOH, Ahmedabad before 11:59 PM of 20/08/2021 to the above stated e-mail. Unsigned/ incomplete applications or applications without supportive evidence shall be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be allowed for interview through personal discussion / video call after verification of documents. Late receipt of applications beyond the deadline will not be considered.
2. Qualification & experience required are as per ICMR guidelines; experience shall be counted after acquiring the essential qualification; age limit and experience will be considered as on last date of application.
3. Benefits of Provident Fund, CCA, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Claim, Leave Concession etc. are not admissible. The posts are purely temporary, co-terminate with the project, and the incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointment/employment under ICMR, ICMR-NIOH, or continuation in other project and his/her engagement will be deemed terminated immediately after expiry of the project.
4. Age relaxation will be given to the candidates as per Govt. of India rules. Age concession to the extent of service rendered in other ICMR research projects will also be admissible for experienced and skilled persons.
5. Candidates employed in Govt. Service /Semi Govt. /Autonomous Bodies of State/Central Govt. should submit a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of walk-in written test / Interview.
6. Considering the specified nature of work, a screening committee will scrutinize all the applications based on the essential and desirable qualifications. However, sufficient weightage will be given at this step as well to prior work experience in the project relevant areas and job requirements.
7. If required, the written examination/test shall be of one (1) hour duration consisting of objective type questions on General Science, General Analytical Ability and knowledge of concerned area.
8. The appointment is initially for a period of six months and with continuous evaluation the candidate can be provided extended appointment as Junior Research Fellow for the entire duration of sanctioned project or as Senior Research Fellow in the last year of the project. The candidate will also have a chance to register for PhD Degree at linked Universities, subject to fulfilling the eligibility and other criteria of them.
9. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the written test / interview / personal discussion.
10. Any further information may be downloaded from ICMR-NIOH website, which will be updated from time to time. Date of personal discussion / written test may be changed due to administrative reasons, hence, candidates are advised to check website before appearing for personal discussion / written test.
11. The decision of the Director-in-Charge, ICMR- National Institute of Occupational Health, Ahmedabad will be final in this regard. Canvassing in any form will be considered as a disqualification.
12. Female candidate fulfilling the essential and desired qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Date & Time :The last date of application is 20/08/2021. Date and time of the interview will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates separately.
Mode of application : Applicants are requested to send all relevant details/documents along with application forms to the PI of the project via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org . The subject line of Email should contain “Application for JRF-AMR Project-2021 at ICMRNIOH”.