For the last six decades, the Central Government Health Scheme has provided comprehensive medical care to the Central Government employees and pensioners enrolled under the scheme.
In fact, CGHS caters to the healthcare needs of eligible beneficiaries covering all four pillars of the democratic setup in India namely Legislature, Judiciary, Executive, and Press.
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the appointment of pharmacists purely on a contractual basis, at the Central Govt. Health Scheme, Mumbai. The details are as follows:
Post: Pharmacist (Allopathy)
No. of vacancies: 21 (Twenty One)
Remuneration: Last pay is drawn minus Pension fixed
Eligibility: Candidates must have retired from the following: central or state government, local government bodies, public sector undertakings, and the services (Ex-SM).
Disqualification : Any candidate against whom disciplinary proceeding / departmental action of any nature has been initiated or is contemplated.
Essential Educational Qualifications :
(i) 12th class pass with science subjects (Physics, Chemistry & Biology)
(ii) Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution and registered as a Pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act, 1948 and
(iii) Two years experience as a Pharmacist in any recognized Hospital or Pharmacy after duly registered as a Pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act, 1948 and
(i) Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (B. Pharm) from a recognized University; and
(ii) Registered as a Pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act, of 1948.
Tenure of appointment: 180 days or until a regular candidate joins, whichever is earlier.
I. Procedure for Submission of Application: The application should be written (preferably typed) in capital letters, either in English or Hindi, as per the above pro forma, and accompanied by two passport-size photographs and copies of the documents duly attested.
The list of short-listed candidates and the date of the interview shall be uploaded on the CGHS website cghs.gov.in. Candidates are requested to visit the website for updates and corrigendum issued from time to time if any.
II. Documents to be attached to the application
1. Attested copies of certificates showing age and educational qualifications and statements of marks.
2. Attested copy of the registration with the Pharmacy Council of India.
3. Attested copies of PPO (Pension Payment Order).
4. Two passport-size photographs – one affixed on the application and one enclosed with the form.
III. Other Conditions :
(i) Applications of candidates that do not possess the requisite qualifications and which do not contain the required details/documents/enclosures shall be rejected summarily and candidates shall not be allowed to appear for an interview.
(ii) The candidates are required to make their own arrangements for attending the interview.
(iii) These posts are purely on a contractual basis for an above-stated period of 180 days or joining a regular candidate, whichever is earlier.
(iv) Request for correction/change of any particulars in the Application form shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
CGHS will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of the furnishing of incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application form.
Terms and Conditions
1. The appointment is purely on a contract basis for a period of 180 days with effect from the date of joining, or till a regular candidate joins, whichever is earlier.
Appointment can be terminated at any time on either side by giving 15 days’ notice.
The Government reserves the right to terminate the appointment by paying remuneration for half a month in lieu of notice without assigning any reason.
2. Last pay drawn minus pension fixed shall be paid. The remuneration shall commence from the date of reporting to duty at the place of posting.
The remuneration shall be paid only after receiving attendance- cum-satisfactory performance report from the CMO I/C of the Wellness Center where the appointee is posted.
3. If required by the authority, before taking up the appointment, the appointee is required to produce an affidavit of undertaking regarding a “good record of service” under the department(s)/organization(s) where the appointee served for 5 years prior to retirement.
4. The appointee shall perform the duties assigned to him/her. The competent authority reserves the right to assign any duty as and when required. No extra/additional allowance will be admissible in case of such an assignment.
5. The appointee shall not be entitled to any benefit like Provident Fund, Pension, Gratuity, Medical Attendance Treatment, Seniority, Promotion, etc., or any other benefits available to the Government servants appointed on regular basis.
6. The appointee will not have any claim or right for regular appointment to any post under the Central Government Health Scheme.
7. No Dearness Allowance or any other allowances like HRA, TA, or other benefits like LTC, Leave Encashment, etc. shall be admissible to the appointee.
8. The appointee will be eligible for leave as per guidelines. Therefore he shall not draw any remuneration in case of absence beyond the permissible limit within the contractual appointment period of 180 days.
9. The maximum age limit for contractual employment is 65 years. The candidates must not cross 65 years during the tenure of appointment of 180 days.
10. The appointee shall be on the whole time appointment of the CGHS, Mumbai, and shall not accept any other appointment, paid or otherwise, and shall not engage himself/herself in the private practice of any kind during the period of the contract.
11. The appointee shall be posted in CGHS Wellness Centers in Mumbai at any point in time during the tenure, and he/she shall be functioning under the control of the CMO in charge of that particular Wellness Center to which he/she is posted.
12. On appointment, the appointee will be required to take an oath of allegiance to the Constitution of India or make a solemn affirmation to that effect in the prescribed proforma.
13. The appointee is not entitled to any TA for joining the place of posting on accepting the appointment.
14. The contractual appointment and continuation thereof, if any, will be governed exclusively by the terms and conditions stated herein above.
Office of the Additional Director Central Government Health Scheme,
Old CGO Building (Pratishtha Bhawan), Ground Floor, South Wing, 101, M.K. Road, New Marine Lines, Mumbai 400 020.