Online applications are invited for the post of Senior Drugs Inspector, Gujarat Drugs Service, Class-II (Advt. No. 29/2021-22) (Special Recruitment) under the Commissionerate of Food and Drugs Control Administration, Health and Family Welfare Department, Gujarat State.
Post : Senior Drugs Inspector, Class-2, Food and Drugs Control Administration (Special Recruitment)
No of Posts :03 (ST-03)
Pay Scale : Rs. 9300-34800 (Grade Pay 4600) as per 7th Pay Commission 44,900/- to 142400/- )
Type of Examination : Prelim (Objective) + Interview
Minimum Age : Must have completed 21 years on the last date of Advertisement.
Maximum Age : Must not have completed 40 years on the last date of Advertisement Age will be calculated on the last date of the receipt of the application.
Un Reserved Female – 05
Ex-serviceman/Officers : Male – 05, Female – 05
Physically disabled candidates : Male – Upto 10, Female – Upto 10
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences or Medicine with specialization in Clinical Pharmacology or Microbiology or Pharm. D. obtained from any of the Universities established or incorporated by or under the Central or a State Act in India; or any other educational institution recognized as such or declared to be deemed as a University under section – 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
2. Possess the basic knowledge of computer application as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil Services Classification and Recruitment (General) Rules,1967;
3. Have adequate knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi or both.
1. Have about five years’ experience in the field of enforcement of the Provision of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act,1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules,1945 under the Commissionerate of the Food and Drugs Control Administration, Gujarat State; or
2. Have about five years combined or separate experience in the field of manufacturing or testing of at least one of the substances specified in the schedule ”C” of the Drugs and Cosmetics Rules 1945; in Production, Quality Control or Research and Development Department of a Pharmaceutical establishment or in the field related to Pharmaceutical Technology or in the Laboratory approved for this purpose by the licensing authority in Government/Government Undertaking/Board/Corporation or Limited Company established under the Companies Act, 2013.
General Provisions of Advertisement
A Citizenship: Candidate,
(a) a citizen of India or
(b) a citizen of Nepal or
(c) a citizen of Bhutan or
(d) a Tibetan exile who must have resided in India before January 1, 1922 with the intention of permanent residence
e) Native Indian person who intends to settle permanently in India from East African countries like Pakistan, East Pakistan (Bangladesh), Burma (Myanmar), Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda. Must be from the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam, but with sub-number (b), (c), (d). And in the case of candidates appearing in (e) the government should have issued a certificate of eligibility.
Note: – The Commission will consider the application form of the candidate in whose case the eligibility certificate is required.
And if his name is recommended for appointment, the state government will give him temporary appointment on condition of issuing a certificate of eligibility in his case.
1) If you want to apply for more than one advertisement, you have to apply separately for each advertisement and pay the fee with each application.
2) Non-reserved category candidates, if they pay the fee at the post office. If you pay Rs.100 + postal charges and on-line fee, then you will have to pay Rs.100 + service charges. Exemption from payment of fees so that they do not have to pay any fee. Candidates of reserved category will not have to pay application fee if they apply for non-reserved seats. And they will be subject to non-anonymity criteria for selection.
3) Even if there are no reserved seats for women candidates in the advertisement, women candidates can apply in that category.
4) In the advertisement, out of the total seats in that category, women candidates can apply. When vacancies are reserved, the remaining seats other than those reserved for women candidates are not to be considered as reserved only for male candidates, these seats may be considered for selection of male as well as female candidates.
Male as well as female candidates can apply (e.g out of total 10 seats, 6 seats are reserved for women candidates but women candidates can also be selected against the remaining 05 seats) Even if there are only seats reserved for women candidates in the advertisement.
Male candidates can apply in the category as female candidates are not available. Male candidates may be considered for selection in these seats but only those seats which are reserved for women candidates and are filled by women candidates in such a number.
5) Advertisement only if seats are reserved for female candidates in which male candidates can apply in that category as female candidates are not available.
Therefore, if there is a reserve and the number of women candidates in that seat is fully selected, then they will have to be considered first and if no woman candidate is selected or less female candidate is selected, then the same number of male candidates will be considered
(e.g. A total of 10 seats are reserved for female candidates and if 02 male candidates are selected, then 03 male candidates can be selected.
Pattern of Exam :Direct Recruitment
Prelim Exam : Total 300 Marks (Part-A: General Studies 100-Questions-100 Marks and Part-B: Concerned Subject 200-Questions, 200 Marks, Time Duration 3 hours (180 minutes))
Main Exam : Not Applicable
Marks for Interview : 100 marks
System of Merit : 50% Weightage of obtained Marks of Prelims and 50% Weightage of obtained Marks of Interview (50:50 weight-age)
Tentative Date of Prelim Exam : 02-Jan-2022
Tentative Date of result of Prelim Exam : Febraury 2022
Tentative Month of Main Exam : Not Applicable
Tentative Month of Interview : May 2022
Tentative Month of Result : After 10 working days from last date of Interview
Last Date : 13/10/2021, 13:00 p.m