All-India Institute of Medical Sciences was established as an institution of national importance by an Act of Parliament with the objects to develop patterns of teaching in Undergraduate and Post-graduate Medical Education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of Medical Education in India; to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity; and to attain self-sufficiency in Post-graduate Medical Education.
Post : Scientist – C (Non-Medical)
Applications are invited up to 20.01.2021 for the following post on contract basis for a Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation-funded project- Infection Prevention and Control (IPC)- Capacity Building- Orientation Training for C-19 Preparedness and IPC for Healthcare Facilities at JPN Apex Trauma Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi.
Name of the Project : Infection Prevention and Control (IPC)- Capacity Building- Orientation Training for C-19 Preparedness and IPC for Healthcare Facilities.
Place of posting : Microbiology laboratory, JPN Apex Trauma Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi
Essential Qualification :
(i) 1st class master’s degree in microbiology, medical microbiology, life sciences, zoology, biostatistics, biotechnology, genetics, or biochemistry or related subject from a recognized university AND 4 years’ experience. OR
(ii) 2nd class M.Sc. + Ph.D. degree in microbiology, medical microbiology, life sciences, zoology, biostatistics, biotechnology, genetics, or biochemistry or related subject from a recognized university AND 4 years’ experience.
• Post Graduate Degree in Medical Microbiology
• Prior experience with IPC, GPC, data analysis, and biostatistics would be preferred.
• Expert level knowledge in data analysis platforms SPSS, STATA SAS, Epi Info etc.
• Knowledge of computer applications or Business Intelligence tools like Microsoft excel, PPT etc.
• Written communication skills to prepare written reports and to display statistical data in understandable formats.
• Experience of working in Health sector, ICMR, AIIMS, NHM, CTD, NACO, etc. or in the Scientific Departments/Organizations with experience in project management.
• Working experience in Government sector/PSU or any reputed organization in management of public health program.
Age : Up to 40 Years
Nature of Duties
This position will be stationed at AIIMS. Prospective candidate is a self-starter. with strong commitment and ability to work and good communication skills to work well under pressure and balance competing priorities in a demanding work environment. The responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
a. Oversee the overall implementation of all the project-related activities at the AIIMS COE.
b. Development of training modules and SOPs. conducting meetings.
c. Coordinating training at the Nodal and Regional centers
d. Conducting site support visits & meetings.
e. Gathering data & feeding back information to other centers as needed.
f. Hands-on molecular biology & genomic experiments, data collection & analysis, & biostatistics analysis.
g. Writing, editing and preparing reports, briefing notes, letters, manuscripts etc
Duration : 1 year (Renewable for the project duration subject to performance and project requirement).
Consolidated salary : Rs.51,000 (corresponding to PB-3 Rs. 15600 -39100 +Grade Pay Rs.6600)
Instructions to the applicant:
1. Personal Interview for the participants from Delhi / Skype interview for the outstation participants selected applications will be held for the Post.
2. Age relaxation is admissible in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Government of India Rules, in respect of the posts reserved for those categories.
3. In the online application all the fields should be filled. No field should be left blank. Write Not applicable” if any field does not apply to your position
4. Clear proof of Qualifications, Experience, Caste / Community should be attached. Applications without these required attachments shall be rejected.
5. Candidates should avoid to upload pictures taken with mobile phone cameras.
6. Incomplete application or Application without supportive evidence asked for, shall be summarily rejected.
7. Date / time of personal interview / Skype interview will be intimated through email for Eligible/ Shortlisted candidates only.
8. Candidate should submit all copies of certificates / testimonials on Online.
9.Experience certificate should clearly state the nature of work during the penod of employment.
10. Community/ Caste certificate: Candidates applying under OBC category, shall submit attested copy of OBC Non – Creamy Layer Certificate in specified format, issued within one year from the closing date of application by the appropriate authority. Only Non Creamy Layer OBC certificates will be accepted and other certificates will not be accepted.
11. No- Objection Certificate from the current employer (for Govt./ AB / PSU Servants only).
12. All posts are Contractual for the duration offered. The appointment may be renewed after every specific period of time subject to satisfactory performance and project requirement.
13. The incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointments under AIIMS/ICMR or continuation of his/her services in any other project.
14. TA/DA will not be paid by AIIMS / ICMR for attending the interview.
15. The institute reserves the right to fill up or not to fill the advertised posts.
The Director AIIMS /Selection Committee has the right to accept / reject any application without assigning any reason thereof and no recommendation in this matter will be entertained. Canvassing and bringing pressure in any form for shortlisting, interview and employment will be a disqualification and barred from selection process.
Applications should be submitted in person or by post, along with a covering letter specifying the name of the post applied on the envelope to the following address:
Dr. Purva Mathur Professor & Principal Investigator,
Room No. 212, 2nd Floor
Department of Laboratory Medicine JPN Apex Trauma Centre,
AIIMS, New Delhi
Last Date : 20.01.2021