“SOCIAL DISTANCE PLAYS A MAJOR ROLE”
Social distancing means away from others as much as possible or you may stay at home. You can help society in prevention of COVID-19. The chances of spread of COVID-19 increases if social distance has not followed up.The practice of social distancing encourages the use of things such as online video and phone communication instead of in-person contact.
People are more often in public, the term “physical distancing” is more prominent (instead of social distancing) is being used to reinforce the need to stay at least 6 feet from others, as well as wearing face masks. Basically “social distancing” is a term that was used earlier in the pandemic as many people stayed home to help prevent spread of the virus.
Wear a Face Mask when you are not in your home and whenever you are around people who are not members of your household. Maintain at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and others. Avoid crowded places, particularly indoors, and events that are likely to draw crowds.
It is always better to maintain social distancing to avoid larger crowds by way of
- Working from home instead of at the office
- Closing schools or switching to online classes
- Meeting relatives by electronic devices instead of in person
- Postponing conferences and large meetings
Similarly people who are confirmed to have COVID-19 must be isolated themselves . Isolation means keeping people who are infected with Covid-19 must be away from those who are not infected. Isolation can take place at home or at a hospital or care facility.These patients must be supervise and to be provided line of treatment as per WHO guidelines along with supportive to enhance immunity of patient.Besides the treatment it is more important that Covid-19 positive patients must be isolated at safer place away from others at least for two weeks.
Surprisingly everyone knows the importance of social distance today but even that today you will find huge rush at all the places it may be market complex shopping Malls, Railway Stations,Bus Stand,Taxi stand,Metro stations ,roads and streets,vegetables and fruit sellers, Medical stores,Grocery shops and even at hotels and bars shops no one is untouched with the crowd of people today.
In the initial phases of lockdown peoples were more civilised and they used to keep on waiting in specified place circle etc. for their number and were following Social Distance in order to prevent themselves while going for purchasing any commodity.It is our prime duty as an human beings that all should follow the govt norms and WHO guidelines for social distancing.
The coronavirus pandemic is making everyone aware of handwashing and protecting others from coughs and sneezes, therefore mask plays important role in the prevention of covid-19 A person can be safe with covid-19 provided he properly use of Face mask and maintain proper social distance of 3 feet or 1 meter distance minimum.
The pandemic can seem overwhelming, but in truth, every person can help slow down the spread of COVID-19. By doing your part, you can make a big difference to your health, and that of others around you
WHO GUIDLINES TO PROTECT YOURSELF & OTHERS FROM SPREAD COVID-19
You can reduce your chances of being infected or spreading COVID-19 by taking some simple precautions:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and others.
- Avoid going to crowded places.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene.
- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, mild fever, until you recover.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention, but call by telephone in advance if possible and follow the directions of your local health authority.
- Keep up to date on the latest information from trusted sources, such as WHO or your local and national health authorities.
Finally i can say that incidence of covid-19 are increasing day by day total figure has crossed 48 lakh as per Aarogya setu as on 14th Sept 2020 this graph is increasing on daily basis in ascending order it is an alarming situation for all of us. Big celebrities and bureaucrats are also remain untouched with it.Only Social Distance can prevent our lives provided we strictly follow guidelines of Govt/WHO.