The journey of Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), popularly known as Pusa Institute, began in 1905 at Pusa Bihar with the generous grant of 30,000 pounds from an American philanthropist, Mr. Henry Phipps.
The institute was then known as Agricultural Research Institute (ARI) which functioned with five departments, namely Agriculture, Cattle Breeding, Chemistry, Economic Botany and Mycology.
Bacteriology unit was added in 1907. The name of ARI was changed to Imperial Institute of Agricultural Research in 1911 and, in 1919 it was renamed as Imperial Agricultural Research Institute.
Following a devastating earth quake on 15th January 1934, the institute was shifted to Delhi on 29th July 1936. Post independence, the institute has been renamed as Indian Agricultural Research Institute.
Post: Project Assistant
Online interview will be held in the Division of Agricultural Economics, ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI),New Delhi-110012 to recruit Project Assistant (1 No.) under the project entitled Gender Advancement for Transforming Institution(GATI) funded by Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and Technology (Kiran Division), GOI.
Emolument: Rs.22000/-per month (Consolidated monthly salary for 18 months) fixed per month
Essential Qualification: Graduate in Pharma or Agriculture / Engineering/ Medicine or Graduate in Science with minimum 1 year of experience
Desirable:Working knowledge of MS-Office, report writing with good command in English. Experience in working with any externally funded project especially DST/ ICAR/ DBT/ CSIR
The appointment is purely on temporary basis. The eligible candidates may appear for the virtual interview on January 12, 2022 at 10.30 AM on wards to 4.30 PM along with their complete bio-data as per the prescribed Application format.
Note: Owing to the prevailing COVID-19 situation, the eligible candidates interested in Virtual Interview are requested to send their applications according to the proforma given in the advertisement along with self-attested scanned copy of the all documents (one PDF file only) to the PI’s e-mail address (email@example.com) by January 5, 2022.
Therefore, the applicant must have a valid operative email address and mobile number. Only the shortlisted candidates will be intimated about the interview through their respective e-mail addresses.
1. The above positions are purely temporary and will be filled on contractual basis. The posts are co-terminus with the project, and will be offered initially for a period of 18 months or till termination of the project whichever is earlier.
It may be extended periodically, subject to performance of the candidate till the termination of the project.
2. The candidates age should be minimum 18 years and maximum 50 years.
3. Selected candidates will not be entitled to claim for regular appointments/absorption either in this institute or in ICAR. Non‐maintenance of the discipline and failure to perform the assigned duties will make the candidate liable for termination during the appointment period as per ICAR rules.
4. The interview of eligible candidates will be held on January 12, 2022 at 10.30 AM on wards to 4.30 PM.
5. Candidates should submit their complete bio-data, duly self-attached copies of certificates and mark sheets (from class X on wards), experience certificate and No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their current employer. Only candidates having essential qualifications would be entertained for the interview.
6. Candidate whose near/distant relative(s) is an employee of the ICAR/IARI, has to declare it and communicate to this office as per format attached (Declaration). Such declaration must reach to the undersigned by post or through e‐mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If any discrepancy is communicated or declared on the date of interview,candidate will not be interviewed.
7. Candidate should be available online as per the slots communicated earlier. If not available after repeated call, the candidates may not ordinarily be entertained.
8. Concealing of facts or canvassing in any form directly or indirectly shall lead to disqualification or termination.
9. The decision of Joint Director (Research), ICAR-IARI, New Delhi will be final and binding in all respects.
10. Original certificates will be checked physically before joining, in case a candidate is selected.
Assistant Administrative Officer
Division of Agricultural Economics
ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi