Banaras Hindu University ranks among the first few in the country in the field of academic and research output.
This university has two campuses, 3 institutes, 16 faculties, 140 departments, 4 advanced centers and 4 interdisciplinary schools.
The University is making its mark at the national and international levels in a number of frontier areas of Science, Social Science, Technology, Medicine and Agriculture etc.
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the post of Senior Research Fellow (SRF) to work on Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) sponsored project entitled “Development of novel near infrared fluorescence imaging probes for detecting amyloid beta species in eyes of Alzheimer’s disease animal model” (2019-3088) for a period of approximate three and half months (Till September 14, 2022). The post is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
Essential qualifications: First class in MSc. (Life sciences/ biotechnology/ biochemistry/ anatomy/ physiology/ microbiology) with 55% marks (equivalent grade) in post-Graduation with CSIR-UGC, NET including lectureship, or GATE qualified plus at least two years of research experience. Or M.Pharm/M.S.(Pharm.)/M.Tech(Pharm)/M.Tech. in Pharmacology/Medicinal Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Pharmaceutics in post-Graduation with CSIR-UGC, NET including lectureship, or GATE qualified.
Desirable qualifications : Candidates with expertise in animal handling will be preferred. In addition, the cell culture handling experience will be considered.
Salary : As per ICMR norms
Age limit : 32 Years (relaxable for 5 years for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped/Female candidates). All things being equal, SC/ST candidates will be preferred as per GOI rules
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications on a plain paper giving detail information on education qualification, research experience, and publications if any via email via email to Principal Investigator Dr. Gyan Prakash Modi at email@example.com. Please write “Application for SRF” in the subject line of the email. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email
No TA/DA will be paid if called for interview.
General Instructions :
1. The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
3. Original certificates and self-attested copies of all certificates need to be presented before the interview for verification.
4. Venue of Interview: Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, IIT (BHU), Varanasi- 221005. Contact no: +91-7310008444, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Last date for receiving completed application is Sunday May, 29, 2022.