The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination, and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world.
The ICMR has always attempted to address itself to the growing demands of scientific advances in biomedical research on the one hand, and to the need of finding practical solutions to the health problems of the country, on the other.
The ICMR has come a long way from the days when it was known as the IRFA, but the Council is conscious of the fact that it still has miles to go in pursuit of scientific achievements as well as health targets.
Post: Project Research Associate, Project Scientist C (Medical)
ICMR intends to fill up the following human resource position, purely on a temporary contract basis, for its short-term research project titled “National Task Force – Rational Use of Medicine Center” for a period of one year, being undertaken at the Division of Basic Medical Sciences (BMS), ICMR Hqrs, New Delhi.
Project Research Associate-III-01 Post
Ph.D./MD/MS/MDS or having 3 years of research, teaching, and design and development experience after M.S./M.Pharma/ME/M.Tech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCT journal).
• Experience handling/ coordinating research projects preferably multicentre.
• Strong publication record.
• Strong verbal and writing management skills.
Consolidated Emoluments (per month): Rs. 54,000/- + HRA depending upon experience and knowledge
Max Age limit : Upper age limit up to 40 years. Age relaxation will be as per the Government of India ICMR rules
Project Scientist C (Medical) – 01 post
Essential Qualification : Essential:
Post Graduate Degree (MD/MS/DNB) after MBBS with one year experience OR Postgraduate diploma in medical subjects after MBBS with two years experience OR MBBS degree with 4 years experience in medical subjects after MBBS Degree.
• Preferably with work experience in the domain of medication safety / rational use of medicines.
• Experience handling / coordinating research projects preferably multicenter and large data handling and strong analytics.
• Strong publication record which demonstrates experience in analytical and clinical research in relevant areas.
• The ability to understand and interpret complex research and scientific projects, and to communicate key messages to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
• Strong verbal and writing management skills.
Consolidated Emoluments (per month) : Rs. 64,000/- (corresponding to PB-3 Rs. 15,600-39,100 + Grade Pay Rs.6600) depending upon experience and knowledge
Max Age limit: Upper age limit up to 40 years. Age relaxation will be as per the Government of India ICMR rules
Terms and conditions: –
1. The number of positions may vary.
2. These positions are meant for temporary projects and co-terminus with the project.
3. Engagement in the above advertised Project Human Resource positions will depend upon the availability of funds, functional requirements, and approval of the competent authority. Therefore, we are not committed to filling up all the advertised Project Human Resource positions and the process is liable to be withdrawn/canceled/modified at any time.
4. The rates of emoluments/stipends shown in this advertisement are project-specific and may vary according to the sanction of the funding agency of the Project.
5. Cut-off date for the age limit will be the date of the last date for submission of applications.
6. Age relaxation will be as per the guidelines of ICMR.
7. Qualification & experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from an Institution of repute. Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification.
8. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee the selection.
9. Persons already in regular time scale service under any Government Department / Organization are not eligible to apply.
10. No TA/DA will be paid to attend interview / personal discussion and candidates have to arrange transport/ accommodation themselves.
11. ICMR reserves the right to consider or reject any application/candidate.
12. Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage
13. Project Human Resource cannot be permitted to register for Ph.D., due to time constraints.
14. Project Human Resources will normally be posted at the study site; however, they can be posted to any other sites in the interest of research work. They are liable to serve in any part of the country.
15. Project Human Resource shall not have any claim on a regular post in ICMR or in any of its Institutes/Centers or in any Department of Government of India and their project term with breaks or without breaks in any or multiple projects will not confer any right for further assignment or transfer to any other project or appointment/absorption/regularization of service in funding agency or in ICMR.
Benefits of Provident Fund, Pension Scheme, Leave Travel Concession, Medical claim, Staff Quarters, and other facilities applicable to the regular staff of ICMR, etc. are not admissible to the project human resource.
16. Project Human Resource will normally be engaged initially for a period of two years, and continued further after reviewing on the basis of their performance, depending upon the tenure of the project, availability of funds, functional requirements, and approval of the competent authority.
17. The maximum term of any Project Human Resource in any or multiple projects, with breaks or without breaks shall be five years only.
The concerned Project Investigator, Division Head, and Head of the host Institute shall personally be responsible and accountable for the continuation/extension given if any without prior concurrence of the Director-General, ICMR to any project human resource beyond five years either with or without breaks in any or multiple projects.
18. ICMR reserves the right to terminate the project human resource even during the agreed contract period or extended contract period without assigning any reason.
19. Leave shall be as per the ICMR‟s policy for project human resources.
20. Candidate must submit his/her duly filled in application form in the prescribed format with a recent passport size color photograph all relevant documents; duly self-attested; in proof of his/her educational qualifications, working experience, age, caste, etc., within the scheduled date and time for submission of application, failing which his/her candidature will not be considered.
Late/Delayed/Incomplete/Unsigned applications will not be considered at all and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
21. ICMR reserves the right to cancel/modify the process at any time, at its discretion.
22. The decision of the DG, ICMR will be final and binding.
23. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
24. Corrigendum/addendum/further information; if any; in respect of this advertisement, will be published on our website only. Hence, the candidates are advised to see the website of ICMR regularly for further updates related to this advertisement.
Interested candidates may send their applications in the prescribed form, duly filled in all respects, along with all required supporting documents and certificates, duly self-attested, to the email: email@example.com within the scheduled date and time for submission of applications, i.e., on or before 23.07.2022, up to 05:00 p.m. hours.
Late/Delayed/Incomplete/Unsigned applications will not be considered and rejected straight away without any correspondence.
Candidates are therefore advised to submit their applications well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of applications. ICMR will not be responsible if the candidate fails to submit their application within the time for any reason.
Applications received within the stipulated date, and time, and complete in all respects, will only be screened by the screening committee of ICMR to shortlist candidates for the further process of engaging the above Project Human Resource positions.
Candidature of successful candidates shall be subject to verification of all original documents by ICMR and fulfillment of required eligibility criteria in all respects of qualification, age, experience, etc.