Apply online, the link is given below: The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research, Guwahati (NIPER-G) is an autonomous institute of national importance and the first national pharma institute in NE India set up by the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Govt. of India by an act of parliament, to impart high-quality education and research in the area of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The Institute intents to fill the following Project positions in various sponsored projects through Online interviews.
Research Associate – I (01 post)
Fellowship : Rs. 47,000/- + 16% HRA
Duration : 1 Year 2 Months
Name of the Sponsoring Agency/ Project / GAP code: NDTL sponsored project entitled “Synthesis and characterization of standards of certain drugs and their metabolites” (GAP-127)
Qualifications and Experience : Essential: Ph.D. (Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Chemistry) or M.Pharm/ MS(Pharm)/M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry/ Medicinal Chemistry/ Chemistry with 3 years of research/ teaching experience. Applicant must have at least one research publication in a standard referred journal/ SCI journal as a first author.
Desirable: Research experience in the area of organic synthesis as evident by publications and/ or patents. Expertise in sustainable Organic Synthesis (design and synthesis of bioactive compounds and small molecules) and drug discovery (in the context of Medicinal Chemistry) etc. Preference will be given to the candidates:
Who understands the logic in Organic Synthesis (Organic reaction mechanism, Principles of synthetic planning, Alkylation, Reaction of yields, Hydroboration) and related topics.
Max. Age limit: 35 years as of the last date of application, relaxable up to 5 years in the case of SC/ST/OBC, physically handicapped, and women applicants.
Junior Research Fellow (01 posts)
Salary: 31000/- plus 16% HRA
Name of the Sponsoring Agency/ Project / GAP code: Institute Funded
Qualifications and Experience: Essential: The candidate must have an M.S./M.Pharm./M.Sc. degree in Pharmaceutical Analysis or quality control & Assurance or M.Sc. (Analytical Chemistry) or Equivalent from a PCI/AICTE/UGC/NAAC recognized/ accredited University/ Institute with a minimum of 60% marks. The candidate must have cleared GPAT/GATE/CSIR-NET or any National entrance test exam conducted by any Central Govt. agency at the time of the interview/ selection process.
Desirable: Candidate should have experience in handling UPLC-MS/MS. Should have experience in Metabolomics, Analytical and Bioanalytical method development & validation, and preclinical DMPK assay. Preference will be given to the candidate having publications in SCI-indexed journals.
Max. Age limit: 28 years on the date of application, with relaxation to SC/ST/OBC candidates, physically handicapped, and women applicants as per Government of India norms.
Research Associate-I (01 post)
Salary : Rs. 47,000/- + 16% HRA
Name of the Sponsoring Agency/ Project / GAP code: Institutional Malarial Project
Qualifications and Experience : Essential: Ph.D. (in a science or engineering subject) OR MD/MS/MDS (equivalent degree in medical science) OR M.VSc./M. Pharma/MS (Pharm)/ ME/M.Tech with three years of research/teaching experience. PhD (science/engineering) thesis submitted is also eligible subject to their being awarded a Ph.D. degree before the expiry of the validity of the award offer. The applicant must have at least 1 research publication in a standard refereed journal/ Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
Desirable: Candidates having experience with herbal molecules and antimalarial activity will be given preference
Max. Age limit: 35 years, relaxable up to 5 years in the case of SC/ST/OBC, physically handicapped, and women applicants.
General Instructions :
1. Candidates of Indian Nationality can only apply for these posts.
2. Interested candidates are invited to apply using the prescribed format only, available on the website (niperguwahati.ac.in) from 04.07.2022 to 18.07.2022. It is mandatory to fill out the application online and no other form of application will be entertained. Candidates are requested to arrange the softcopies of all the required documents before filling out the application.
3. Candidates should read carefully the requisite minimum essential qualifications, age, eligibility, experience criteria, etc. laid down in the advertisement before applying for the above post.
Since all the applications will be screened on the basis of data submitted by the candidate in the online application form, the candidates must satisfy themselves with the suitability for the position to which they are applying.
If at any stage during the recruitment and selection process, it is found that candidates have furnished false or wrong information, their candidature will be rejected.
4. Application once submitted cannot be altered/resubmitted, under any circumstances. Further, no request with respect to making changes in any data/ particular entered by the candidate in the application will be entertained, once the application is submitted successfully by Email.
5. Incomplete applications or those without relevant supporting documents (self-attested copies of Date of birth/Degrees/ Certificates/ Mark sheets/Experience Certificates/documents, etc.) will be rejected.
6. On the recommendation of the Screening/Selection Committee, the competent authority may relax all or any of the requirements related to age and experience in exceptionally meritorious cases.
7. Fulfillment of qualifications and experience is an essential requirement. As stated, the Institute is free to set the benchmark and call only the eligible candidates for the online interview.
Further, NIPER Guwahati also reserves the right NOT to fill any of the posts advertised, in the event of exigency so decided.
8. Intimations will be sent only by E-mail/host on the website as per the details mentioned in the Application form.
9. In case any dispute arises on account of interpretation of clauses in any version of this advertisement other than English, the English version available on the NIPER-G Website shall prevail.
10. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM MAY LEAD TO THE CANCELLATION OF THE CANDIDATE.
11. All appointments shall be on the contract of one year or less if the project is terminated earlier. The appointments are against the temporary project positions and will not continue in any circumstances beyond the duration of the said project.
Any subsequent contract in the project or another project will be a fresh appointment. The appointment in the outside funded project does not give project staff any claim whatsoever for appointment/regularization against any Institute post.
12. Age will be calculated as on the last date of application i.e. 18.07.2022.
13. List of the Shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the Institute website.
14. In the case of online interviews only, the link for the online interviews will be sent to the shortlisted candidates individually, a day before the interview.
Advt. No: NIPERG/Project/2022/July/1
The last date for receiving applications is 18th July 202