The Regional Medical Research Centre, Bhubaneswar, is a permanent research centre of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
The foundation stone of the centre was laid by the then prime minister of India Late Mrs Indira Gandhi on 29th March 1981.
Initially, the Center started in a small rental accommodation in 1982 and shifted to the Centre’s own building in the year 1990 after completion.
The campus of RMRC is located on 20 acres of picturesque landscape in Chandrasekharpur and has its own laboratory –cum- administrative building, animal house, auditorium, guest house & research scholars’ hostel and staff quarters.
The concept of the Regional Medical Research Centre evolved during 6th five-year plan period in 1980.
Post: Research Associate-I (SC-1)
A walk-in-interview (written test/interview) is scheduled to be held at the office of ICMR-Regional Medical Research Centre, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar-751023 for recruitment of contractual posts under the project “WHO TDR funded project on Gender and WaSH”.
Eligible candidates will appear for the walk-in interview on the below-mentioned dates. Other details like age limit, educational qualification, selection process & how to apply are given below.
Project: “WHO TDR funded project on Gender and WaSH”
PI: Dr Sanghamitra Pati, Director & Scientist-G, ICMR-RMRC, Bhubaneswar
Salary (INR per month): 47000/- pm
Essential Qualification: Ph.D / MD / MS / MDS or equivalent degree OR Having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience (on Gender studies/Urban Health and Management) after MS / M.Pharma / ME / M.Tech / MPH / MSW / with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
Desirable qualification :
• Working experience in urban poor/ slum settings.
• Working on WaSH and gender and health.
• Command on Odia language.
• Experience in evidence synthesis.
Age: Below 40 Years
Nature of duties: Work on a research project, carrying out evidence synthesis and a compendium of evidence Gather primary data from the urban field, field management, conducting workshops and training programmes and liaison with various stakeholders
Duration: 6 months
Terms & conditions:-
1. Age relaxation will be granted to candidates belonging to the SC/OBC categories in accordance with Government of India rules and ICMR norms.
2. Qualification and experience should be in a relevant discipline or field and from an institution of repute.
Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification.
3. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee the selection.
4. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
5. Consolidated salary of the post may vary from time to time.
6. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidate for appearing in the written test/skill Test/Interview.
7. Director, of RMRC, Bhubaneswar, reserves the right to consider or reject any application/candidate.
8. Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
9. Appointment on project mode is purely temporary and the candidate shall have no claim for regular appointment at RMRC, Bhubaneswar or ICMR.
10. Leave shall be as per the Institutional Policy for Project staff.
11. The Number of vacancies may vary according to requirements at a later stage
12. Similar post, if any, arises in future, and may be filled up from the selected panel list.
13. The engagement can be terminated at any time by giving one month’s notice on either side.
14. In the case of in-service candidates, a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE (NOC) from the present employer is to be submitted.
NOTE: All the candidates are requested to bring all the original certificates, mark sheets, and experience certificates along with the application form (Format Attached) for document verification.
Also a set of photocopies of all the documents submitted along with the application form.
Date of Publish: 12/10/2022
Last Date: 04/11/2022