The Assam Rifles is the oldest paramilitary force of the Indian Army, dating back to 1835 under the British Raj, raised under the name Cachar Levy. The present name of Assam Rifles has been used since 1917.
Over the course of its history, the Assam Rifles have served in a number of roles, conflicts and theatres including World War I, where they served in Europe and the Middle East, and World War II, where they served mainly in Burma.
After the Chinese annexation of Tibet, the Assam Rifles were tasked with manning the Tibetan border of Assam Himalayan region. They were also instrumental in maintaining law and order in the tribal Arunachal Pradesh.
Post : Warrant Officer (Pharmacist)
No of Posts : 32
Andhra Pradesh : 02
Bihar : 03
Chhattishgarh : 01
Jammu & Kashmir : 01
Jharkhand : 02
Karnataka : 01
Kerala : 01
Maharashtra : 01
Manipur : 02
Meghalay : 01
Mizoram : 03
Nagaland : 03
Odisha : 01
Punjab : 01
Tamil Nadu : 01
Telangana : 01
Uttar Pradesh : 02
Uttrakhand : 02
West Bengal : 03
(a) 10+2 or equivalent (b) Degree or Diploma in Pharmacy from any recognized Institution of the Central or a State Government for which the period of training in two years followed by an internship of which the practical training shall not be less than five hundred hours spread over a period of not less than three months provided that not less than two hundred and fifty hours are devoted to actual dispensing of prescriptions; (c) Possessing the qualifications under Section 31 and 32 of the Pharmacy Act. 1948 and registered under Section 33 of the said Act.
Age Limit : 20-25 Years
Age Relaxation available to different category of eligible candidates, are as under:-
(a) SC/ST – 5 years
(b) OBC – 3 years
(C) Serving Assam Rifles personnel (Gen/OBC) – Upto 40 years of age.
(d) Serving Assam Rifles personnel (SC/ST) – Upto 45 years of age.
(e) Ex-Servicemen (UR) – 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.
(f) Ex-Servicemen (OBC) – 6 years (3+3) years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.
(g) Ex-Servicemen (SC7ST) – 8 years (3+5) years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.
10% vacancies are earmarked for Ex-servicemen (ESM). If suitable ESM candidates are not available, vacancies reserved for ESM will be filled by non-ESM candidates of respective categories. All three Armed Forces i.e Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Union will be treated as Ex-sevicemen
1. Assam Rifles Technical and Tradesman Recruitment Rally 2021-22 is scheduled from 01 Dec 2021 onwards for enrolment into Group B and C posts against 1230 vacancies based on applications received from eligible male / female candidates for the trades/ posts as mentioned in Appendix ‘A’ & ‘B’. Candidate must be a citizen of India. Vacancies have been earmarked State/UT wise hence a candidate must submit Domicile/Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) of State/UT while filling online application form. If a candidate produces Domicile/PRC issued by a State other than the State mentioned in his/her application, he/she shall not be allowed to change the State at the time of Venfication of documents and his/her candidature shall be cancelled straightaway. Therefore candidates should fill the application form very carefully.
2. Candidates will be considered for recruitment in their respective State/UT on production of valid “Domicile/Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC)” issued by the Competent Authority so authorized by the concerned State/UT to prove their domiciliary status.
3. This notice is also available on the official website of the Assam Rifles at assamrifles.gov.in.
4. How to Apply To apply, fill up the online application by clicking on “ONLINE APPLICATION” option on the website. The candidates will fill the requisite details as prescribed in the application form After the application has been filled up, the candidates has the option to make online payment via link given for online payment or alternatively the payment can be made at SBI Bank Counters as well. In both options the candidate will have to upload copy of the challan or receipt online. Candidates while reporting for Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Efficiency Test (PET) will produce original copy of payment receipt / challan for official records. In case of non submission of receipt / challan the application may be rejected. The candidates will also produce the printed copy of online Application Form duly completed and a copy of notification downloaded from the Assam Rifles website, failing which the candidature of the applicants may be rejected. The online applications portal will be functioning from the day of publications of the advertisement to the last date of receipt of the applications.
5. All further information regarding conduct of various events of the recruitment rally will be intimated to the candidates through Email/SMS only. Hence, providing functional Email ID and mobile phone number in Online Application Form by the applicants is mandatory. The mobile phone number so provided should not be DND activated The candidates will be responsible for non-receipt of information regarding recruitment process due to providing of wrong Email ID and mobile phone numbers in Online Application Form filled by them. Before submission of the online application, candidates must check that they have filled correct details in each field of the form After submission of the online application form, no change/correction/modification will be allowed under any circumstances. Request received in this regard in any form like Post, Fax, Email, by hand etc shall not be entertained. Assam Rifles will not be responsible for the candidates not being able to submit their applications for any reason before closing date.
6. Application Fee. Fee structure and other details are as follows: – (a) Fee Structure. For Group B posts (i.e Bridge & Road posts only) application fee is Rs. 200/- (Rupees two hundred only) and for Group C posts (i.e except Bridge & Road posts) application fee is Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only), (b) The fee will be deposited online by the candidates into SBI Current Account No. 37088046712 in favour of HQ DGAR, Recruitment Branch. Shillong-10 at SBI Laitkor Branch IFSC Code – SBIN0013883. (c) NO Fee is charged from candidates belonging to Schedule Casts, Scheduled Tribes, Female and Ex-servicemen candidates. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other expenses.
7. Centres for Physical Standard Test f PST) / Physical Efficient Test (PETVWritten Test PST, PET and Written test will be conducted at following centres. Centre and reporting date for PST/PET/Written test will be informed later through notification on the official website of the Assam Rifles at assamrifles.qov.in. after successful submission of the online application. Option for choosing a centre is not available:- (a) Diphu (Assam), Karbianglong (Assam) (b) HQ DGAR, Shillong (Meghalaya) (c) Jorhat, NEFAGate (Assam) (d) Silchar. Masimpur (Assam) (e) Lokhra, Tezpur (Assam).
8. Candidates seeking reservation benefits as Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/ Other Backward Classes/Economically Weaker Section (EWS) must ensure that they are in possession of the certificates in proper format prescribed by the competent authority in support of their claim at the time of reporting for Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST) & Documents verification.
9. Candidates seeking relaxation in physical standards i.e. height, weight & chest by virtue of belonging to the specified categories (i.e. Garhawalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras and Marathas) as applicable will have to furnish appropriate certificate as per format duly issued by the competent authority. ST candidates may avail the relaxation on the production of valid ST certificate in support of their claim at the time of reporting for Physical Standard Test (PST), Physical Efficiency Test (PET).
10. CANDIDATE BELONGING TO THE PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED CATEGORY ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS EXAMINATION.
11. Only a single application per candidate will be accepted through online mode. Multiple applications will not be accepted.
12. Change of category and trade during any stage of the recruitment rally will not be entertained.
13. MOBILES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC GADGETS ARE BANNED WITHIN THE PREMISES OF RALLY SITES/TEST CENTRES.
14. Qualitative Requirement and Age Criteria The Qualitative Requirements (QRs) and age criteria for enrolment into advertised trades are mentioned at Appendix-A.
15. Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth and Name as recorded in the Matriculation / Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate will be accepted by the Assam Rifles for determining the age and name. Subsequent request for its change will not be considered or granted.
16. Cut off Date and Age Limit. 18-23 years as on 01 Aug 2021 will be the cut off date for all candidates for determining the age criteria. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 01 Aug 1998 and later than 01 Aug 2003
17. 10% vacancies are earmarked for Ex-servicemen (ESM). If suitable ESM candidates are not available, vacancies reserved for ESM will be filled by non-ESM candidates of respective categories. All three Armed Forces i.e Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Union will be treated as Ex-sevicemen
18. All precaution and guidelines to be adhered as per Covid-19 protocol.
19. Physical Efficiency Test (PET), (a) PET will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in initial verification of the documents. The parameters for PET are are follows: – (a) All India except Ladakh Region (i) For Male Candidates – 05 km run to qualify within 24 minutes, (ii) For Female Candidates -1.6 km run to qualify within 8.30 minutes, (b) Ladakh Region (i) For Male Candidates -1.6 Km run to qualify within 6.30 minutes, (ii) For Female Candidates – 800 meter run to qualify within 4.00 minutes, (c) An undertaking certificate from each female candidates will be obtained by the board of officer before undergoing PET duly declaring that she is not pregnant.
A female candidate, who as a result of tests is found to be pregnant of 12 weeks standing or over, shall be declared temporarily unfit and appointment be held in abeyance until the confinement is over. The vacancy against which a women candidate was selected will be kept reserved for her. She will be re-examined for Physical Efficiency Test (PET) (six weeks after the date of confinement), subject to the production of medical certificate of fitness from a registered medical practitioner. The candidates who are successful in the PET/PST/Documentation will be considered eligible for short-listing to the next stage i.e Written Test, Trade Test, Detailed Medical Examination, (b) Clerks & PA – Trade (Skill) test of Clerks and PA will be conducted after the completion of PET/PST in continuation and written test will be carried out with other trades.
20. Written Test. The question paper of written test will comprise of 100 marks. Minimum pass marks for General/EWS candidates is 35% and 33% marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates. NCC certificate holders will be granted following incentive marks provisionally which will be added to the normalized scores of the candidates:- (a) NCC ‘C’ certificate : 5 marks (b) NCC B’ certificate-3 marks (c) NCC A’ certificate : 2 marks. The benefit to NCC certificate holder will only be given on production of the original certificate supporting their claims at the time of document verification. The candidates who are successful in the PET/PST/Documentation/Written test will be short-listing to the next stage i.e Trade (Skill) Test and Detailed Medical Examination (DME) on the basis of their merit in the Written test will be about 4 times of the number of vacancies.
21. Trade Test (Skill Test). Trade (Skill) Test for technical & tradesmen personnel other than Clerk & PA trade will be conducted before undergoing Detailed Medical Examination (DME). No marks will be awarded for trade (skill) test. The candidates declared pass in the trade (skill) test will only be undergoing for Detailed Medical Examination (DME) and Review Medical Examination (RME).
22. Trade Test (Skill Test). Trade (Skill) Test for technical & tradesmen personnel other than Clerk & PA trade will be conducted before undergoing Detailed Medical Examination (DME). No marks will be awarded for trade (skill) test. The candidates declared pass in the trade (skill) test will only be undergoing for Detailed Medical Examination (DME) and Review Medical Examination (RME).
23. Detailed Medical Examination (DME) and Review Medical Examination (RME). Detailed Medical Examination (DME) and Review Medical Examination (RME) will be conducted in terms of Uniform Guidelines for recruitment Medical Examination for GOs and NGOs in CAPFs and AR issued vide MHAUO No. A.VI-1/2014-Rectt(SSB) dated 20.05.2015 and MHAOM No. E.32012/ADG(Med)/DME&RME/DA-1/2020(Part File)/1166 dated 31.05.2021 and as amended from time to time by the government. Review Medical Examination (RME) of Unfit candidates in Detailed Medical Examination (DME) will be conduct in continuation.
24. Merit List and Call for Training The candidates who qualify in all aspects i.e Physical Standard Test (PST), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Written Examination, Trade Test (Skill Test) and Medical Examination Test will be placed in Merit List depending upon the trade and category wise vacancies allocated to States / UTs. Instructions to join the Training Centre for enrolment will be issued on the basis of Merit List. Please note that merely qualifying in all tests does not guarantee the Final Selection into the Assam Rifles. The Final Selection will only be made on the basis of position of the candidates in Merit List in accordance with the availability of vacancies against respective State/UT/ Category / Trade.
25. Pay Scale. Pay scale and other allowances will be applicable/admissible as per the pay scale applicable to the Assam Rifles Personnel.
26. Rejection of Applications In case the information furnished by the candidates in the Application Form is found to be false at any stage of the Recruitment Rally and even at a later stage, the candidature of such candidates will be summarily rejected without any notice. Appropriate action will also be taken against such candidates as per the provisions of law by registering an FIR with the Police.
27. Vacancies are tentative and may increase or decrease. The vacancies so notified are subject to variation and the Department has right to make any changes in the advertisement or cancel it without assigning any reasons.
28. Compassionate ground appointment scheme is not applicable in this Rally.
Last date of receipt of applications from eligible candidates for Assam Rifles Technical and Tradesmen Recruitment Rally 2021-22 is 25 Oct 2021 (23:59 hrs). Applications received thereafter will not be entertained. The online application SERVER will start functioning from 11 Sep 2021 Applications will be accepted through online mode only.
Notification at Employment News : 11 – 17 September 2021 (Page – 8)