The Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE), an apex body in the national forestry research system, has been undertaking the holistic development of forestry research through need-based planning, promoting, conducting, and coordinating research, education, and extension covering all aspects of forestry.
The Council deals with solution-based forestry research in tune with the emerging issues in the sector, including global concerns such as climate change, conservation of biological diversity, combating desertification, and sustainable management and development of resources.
Post: Technical Assistant (Para Medical)
7th CPC Pay Level: Level-5
No of posts: 02 (ST-01, EWS-01)
Age: Not below 21 years or exceeding 30 years.
Educational Qualification: A bachelor’s degree in science in the relevant field/specialization or equivalent from a recognized university
Or 03 years of Diplomas / Degrees in the relevant field from a recognized University / Institution
Alternatively, 10+2 with science from a recognized board plus 2 years of diploma in the relevant field from a recognized university or institution.
1. The number of vacancies is subject to variation.
2. Essential qualification is mandatory for all posts.
3. PH/Ex-Servicemen vacancies will be filled first and adjusted against respective categories.
4.01 PH vacancy in Technician (Field/Lab Research) includes types of disability OL, OA, BH, D, H & PD and 01 PH vacancy in Multi Tasking Staff include types of disability: BL, BA, OL, OA, BH, MW, PB, D, H, PD & ID.
1. Candidates should fully satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the minimum qualifications, experience, etc. as laid down in this advertisement. The qualifications prescribed should have been obtained from government-recognized universities, boards, or institutions.
2. The applicant will be responsible for the authenticity of the information, documents, and photographs submitted. It is the responsibility of the candidate to assess his / her own eligibility for the post(s) for which he/she is appearing in accordance with this advertisement.
If it is detected at any time in the future, during the process of selection or even after the appointment, that the candidate was not eligible as per the prescribed recruitment rules of the institute, which could not be detected at the time of selection for whatsoever reason, his/her candidature/appointment shall be liable to be canceled/terminated immediately, and appropriate action will be initiated against him/her.
3. All above posts are as per the ICFRE pay scales and carry allowances like house Rent, transportation, and children’s education as admissible to ICFRE employees of the respective pay level posted in ICFRE/FRI.
4. These positions will be covered by the Government of India’s New Pension Scheme, and the incumbent will be eligible for other benefits such as medical, long-term care, and so on, as determined by the government or institute.
5. If a candidate indicates in his/her application form that he/she belongs to the category but subsequently writes to the institute to change his/her category to a reserved category, such a request will not be entertained.
6. Candidates seeking the reservation benefits available for the respective categories must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in Government of India (Gol) orders and possess valid certificates in the format prescribed by Gol in support of their claim.
7. In the case of posts reserved for OBCs, their caste should be in the central government list of OBCs, and they should be in the Non-Creamy Layer Category. The certificate should be in the prescribed format of the central government and valid for the financial year 2022-23 which should be issued before the last date of submission of the application.
8. Age relaxation as admissible to Physically Handicapped / Ex-Serviceman applicants shall be considered as per Government of India norms. Such candidates must ensure that they are entitled to relaxation and possess the valid certificates/documents prescribed by Gol in support of their claim. The certificate should be issued before the last date of submission of application.
9. Age relaxation
a) Age relaxation for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Class (OBC) Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) wherever applicable and admissible.
b) All candidates, irrespective of community may be considered against UR vacancies, subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria prescribed for UR candidates. However, against the vacancies earmarked for specific communities (SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS), only candidates belonging to that community will be considered.
c) For availing reservation, SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS candidates should furnish valid Caste/Category Certificates which should be issued before the last date of submission of application from Competent Authorities at the time of document verification.
d) Further, in the case of OBC-NCL candidates, the certificates should specifically indicate that the candidate does not belong to the Persons/Sections (Creamy Layer) mentioned in Column 3 of the Schedule of the Government of India, Department of Personnel and Training O.M.No.36012/22/93- Estt. (SCT) dated 08.09.93 & its subsequent revision through O.M.No.36033/3/2004-Estt. (Res) dated 09.03.2004, 27.05.2013, 13.09.2017 and further revision if any received till the closing date for ONLINE Registration.
The candidate should ensure that he/she belongs to the OBC- Non-Creamy Layer category while applying for the posts against this notice.
Such a candidate should produce a valid OBC certificate in the prescribed format during Document Verification.
Further, in addition to the Category Certificate (OBC-NCL), a declaration if required has to be furnished by the candidate during Document Verification, that he/she does not belong to the creamy layer, otherwise, their claim for reserved status (OBC-NCL) will not be entertained and the candidature/application of such candidates, if fulfilling all the eligibility conditions prescribed for General (Un- reserved) category, will be considered against General (UR) vacancy only.
e) As per DoPT OM No. 36039/1/2019-Estt (Res) dated 31.01.2019 Reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS): Candidates who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SC/ST/OBCNCL and whose family has gross annual income below Rs 8.00 Lakh (Rupees eight lakh only) are to be identified as EWS for benefit of reservation for EWS.
The income shall also include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc. for the financial year prior to the year of application i.e. FY 2021-22, and should be valid for FY 2022-23. Also candidates whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWS, irrespective of family income:
i. 5 acres of agricultural land and above
ii. Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above
iii. Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities;
iv. Residential plots of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
f) The property held by a “Family” in different locations or different places/cities would be clubbed while applying the land or property holding test to determine EWS status. The term “Family” for this purpose.
will include the person who seeks the benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18, as well as his/her spouse and children below the age of 18.
g) The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed of upon production of an income and asset certificate issued by a competent authority. The Income and Asset Certificate issued by any one of the following authorities shall only be accepted as the candidate’s claim as belonging to EWS:
i. District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner /1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate / Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner.
ii. Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate.
iii. Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar and
iv. Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
h) The candidates applying against the vacancies reserved for EWS must possess an Income and Asset Certificate as of the closing date of registration of application for this notice. Further, these candidates are also required to produce valid Income and Asset certificates during document verification.
Failing in these stipulations, their claim for reserved status under EWS will not be entertained and the candidature/application of such candidates, if fulfilling all the eligibility conditions prescribed for General (Un-reserved) category, will be considered under General (UR) vacancies only.
i) Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS who fulfill required educational qualification/Technical/Professional qualifications can also apply against UR vacancies. They will however, have to compete with the UR candidates and will not be eligible for any relaxation including age relaxation.
j) Community/EWS status as on the closing date for ONLINE Registration of application for this notice shall only be considered for availing reservation benefits if eligible and any request for change in the community/EWS status of the candidate thereafter shall not be entertained.
10. A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belongs is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government as on closing date of application.
11. Once a candidate has chosen a reserved category, no request shall be entertained for change to other reserved category viz. SC to ST, ST to SC, OBC to SC/ST or SC/ST to OBC, SC to EWS, EWS to SC, ST to EWS, EWS to ST, OBC to EWS, EWS to OBC (or) any other such requests.
12. In case of a candidate unfortunately becoming physically disabled during the course of the recruitment process, the candidate should produce valid document showing him/her acquiring a disability to the extent of 40% or more as defined under The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 to enable him/her to get the benefits of PwD reservation for posts reserved under PwD quota.
13. Reservation policy as per Gol norms are as follows.
SC/ST : 5 years against reserved posts only.
14. Candidates are required to keep ready all the documents for uploading at the time of filling the online form and same uploaded documents have to be produced at the time of document verification.
15. Candidates should upload the scanned (digital) image of their photograph, signature and other relevant Certificates as per the instructions given during filling the online application form.
16. Photograph must be a recent passport size color photograph. Make sure that the picture is in color, taken against a light-colored, preferably white, background. Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
17. The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black/Blue ink pen. The signature must be of the applicant only and not of any other person. If at any stage the signature is not found to be matching with the candidate’s actual signature, the applicant’s candidature may be summarily rejected. Please scan the signature area only and not the entire page.
18. If photograph and Signature of the candidate is not clearly visible, his/her candidature will liable to be rejected. The crucial date for claim of SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS/ PwD status or any other benefit viz. fee concession, reservation, age-relaxation, etc., where not specified otherwise, will be the closing date of online applications.
19. All posts are temporary in nature but likely to continue further. The candidates will be confirmed after successfully completion of probationary period as per rules.
20. Number of posts indicated may increase or decrease as per the Institute requirement.
21. The Institute reserves the right to not to fill the post advertised and rejecting any or all of the applications without assigning any reason thereof.
22. Positions may be filled from the applicants belonging to Physically Handicapped Category (Persons with disabilities) if found suitable, even if the post is not reserved under PwD category.
23. Application from the candidates working in Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings and Government Funded Research Agencies must be sent through proper channel and with a clear certificate that the applicant (if selected) will be relieved within one month of receipt of appointment order along with Vigilance Clearance Certificate. They are required to submit NOC (uploaded at the time of form filling) at the time of appearing for document verification, failing which the candidate will not be considered for the post.
24. Decision of the appointing authority in all matter relating to the eligibility of the candidate, screening / Skill / online Computer Based Test (CBT) and Descriptive test and selection would be final and binding on all the candidates.
25. The appointment of the selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit as per the requirements of the Institute.
26. The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time, at the time of appointment ox during tenure of the services. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by thecandidates are fake or the candidate has doubtful / unacceptable antecedents / background and has suppressed the ‘-ud information, then his / her services shall be terminated forthwith and in addition, legal action may be initiated against such candidates / employees as per law.
27. Legal disputes, if any, shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent court in the state of Uttarakhand.
28. Candidates who desire to apply for more than one post should apply online separately for each post. However in case of multiple applied posts Institute will not be responsible if candidate gets the exam centre at long distances or on the same date/time.FRI will not entertain any request for change in test date/time/centre in case of any clash in the test date/time for any two or more posts. Candidates need to decide the test they would like to take.
29. In case of any corrigendum / addendum pertaining to this advertisement, the same shall be published in the Institute’s website only.
30. Online submission of application can only be made from link provided on FRI official website https: / /fri.icfre.gov.in . Candidates should read the instructions carefully before filling up the online form.
31. Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the FRI website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing date.
32. The crucial date for age calculation will be Last date of submission of online application form.
33. No interview will be conducted for advertised post(s) however trade test/skill test etc. will be conducted wherever applicable.
34. No request with respect to the change in any data submitted by the candidates in the online application form will be entertained once it is finally submitted.
35. Translation ambiguity, if any, will be resolved as per the English version.
36. The mere fact that a candidate has been called for online Computer Based Test(CBT), Descriptive Test or trade test does not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by FRI. The candidate must note that if his/her ineligibility is detected at any stage before or after the CBT, Descriptive Test, trade test or if the conditions prescribed in the Rules and Instructions given in the advertisement or any other additional information/documents called for at any stage are not complied with within the time specified therein, his/her candidature will be liable for cancellation. The FRI will not be responsible for cancellation of candidature on this account.
37. Based on the merit, the candidates belonging to reserved categories i.e. SC/ST/OBC/EWS are also eligible to be considered against the un-reserved vacancies, if no relaxation in age and no relaxation in qualifying marks in CBT has been availed by such reserved category candidates. If any concession in age and relaxation in qualifying standard is availed, such candidates will be eligible for consideration only against vacancies reserved for them.
38. Date and time of Exam and Examination Centre: will be announced later on FRI website.
39. The decision of the competent authority as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the examination shall be final.
40. Any attempt on the part of a candidate to obtain support for his/her candidature by any means may disqualify him for admission to the examination.
41. All future correspondence regarding the further selection process, shortlisting of candidates and important dates like online Computer Based Test (CBT), Descriptive Test, trade test, and physical test, etc. shall be uploaded on the Institute’s website https/ /fri.icfre.gov.in. It shall be the responsibility of the candidates to check the FRI website regularly.
42. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will definitely be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
43. Application incomplete in any respect will be summarily rejected. No interim inquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
44. SC/ST/PWD/Female applicants are exempted from payment of the application fee. Only processing fees are to be paid by them.
45. The Examination Fee per post is Rs. 1500/- (Rs. 800 Application Fee and Rs. 700/- processing fee) for Gen/OBC/EWS applicants and Rs. 700/-(only processing fee) for SC/ST/PWD/Female applicants.
46. The examination fee once paid will not be refunded or re-adjusted under any circumstances.
47. Examination center will be intimated later in admit card issued by the institute.
Closing date and time for submission of online applications: 19-01-2023 (11:59 PM)
Tentative Date of Computer-Based Examination (Stage-I): February 2023
Date of the Descriptive Paper (Stage II): To be notified later
Date of Skill/Trade Test (Stage-Ill): To be notified later