New Delhi: The Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC), a leading industry body, today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the apex healthcare industry body -Healthcare Federation of India (NATHEALTH). This will aim to explore and implement joint opportunities to co-develop Healthcare Initiatives in East, North-East and pan India. The partnership also aims to act as a joint platform for advocacy which is mutually cohesive.
Speaking on the collaboration, Mr. Prashant Sharma, Chairman, ICC Healthcare Committee and MD Charnock Hospital, said, “This partnership would help the two bodies to push healthcare initiatives across the country with special focus on East and North East regions. Our main objective is to accelerate the development of the overall healthcare delivery system across society and to provide a sustainable ecosystem to all the stakeholders.”
“With technology permeating through all verticals today, we are confident that we see advanced healthcare facilities that provide easily accessible and affordable services to the citizens of our country,” he added.
The MoU was signed here today by Mr Prashant Sharma on behalf of ICC and Mr Siddhartha Bhattacharya, Secretary-General, NATHEALTH.
“NATHEALTH was created with the core mission of credibly unifying the voice of the healthcare ecosystem to co-create a better health care model for all Indians. We are very pleased to be working closely with the Indian Chamber of Commerce and forging an alliance to drive innovation and policy recommendations across healthcare financing, delivery and policy and regulatory spectrums towards providing better healthcare. The combined footprint of NATHEALTH and ICC unifies a large national collaborative effort across healthcare providers, medical equipment manufacturers, resellers, payers, value-added services providers, SMEs, innovators, hospitals, labs, diagnostics and technology providers which will create a strong knowledge and advocacy platform not only in Eastern Region but also at a national level,” said Mr Siddhartha Bhattacharya, Secretary-General, NATHEALTH.
Through this collaboration, NATHEALTH and ICC have identified five major areas of collaboration:
- Policy Advocacy Initiatives: To act as a bridge and catalyst between all stakeholders in Healthcare domain and endure advocacy with respective regulators in State as well as in Central Government for directing future policy change through exchange of policy dialogues and participative consultations.
- Thought Leadership: To organize meetings, seminars, conferences and interactive sessions with experts, policymakers, industry captains to throw light and deliberate on critical issues affecting the industry and the economy at large.
- Knowledge Sharing: To publish Annual Report, White paper and Research paper on specific topics of relevance pertaining to Healthcare.
- Support Members: To advise the members on matters affecting business and investment as related to various policies, regulation and legislation, etc.
- Capacity Building: To organize Jointly Events & Activities and other training programs regularly in keeping tune with the changing industry and technology.