Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
The institute is an integral part of the interdisciplinary NCR Biotech Science Cluster located at Faridabad, and is designed as a dynamic, interactive organization with the mission to conduct innovative translational research and to develop research collaborations across disciplines and professions to translate concepts into products to improve human health.
No. of Post : 01
Maximum Monthly consolidated emoluments : Rs. 65,000/-
Age Limit : 45 years
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
Essential Qualification and Experience: Masters degree in Life Sciences / Pharmacy / Public health with at least two years of post qualification work experience in clinical project management and/or clinical trial or public health project management.
OR Post graduate degree in a health related discipline/ health administration with at least two years of post qualification work experience in clinical project management and/or clinical trial or public health project management.
OR Graduate in any discipline with at least seven years of post qualification work experience in clinical project management and/or clinical trial or public health project management.
• Prior experience in working in a similar role within a renowned research/academic setting
• Demonstrated ability to understand, explain and communicate and manage project conduct (track trial progress, quality, and risk management) using standard tools and templates
• Computer skills including proficiency in use of Microsoft Office, Ms-Word, Excel, Powerpoint applications
• Demonstrable application of project management concepts
• Effective time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
• Good knowledge of Excel for office accounting and budgeting
• Good organizational behavior and problem-solving skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, research officers, investigators
• Familiarity with the regulatory frameworks of biomedical research.
Desirable Qualification & Experience
The selected candidate will be responsible for project management of one site for a large randomized controlled trial. It will involve coordination between investigators, project conduct team, data management team and monitoring team; liaising with the funding agency; tracking progress of project with updates; monitoring deliverables; and ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements.
He/ She will be responsible for :
• Implementing, maintaining and developing efficient and effective administrative systems
• Assisting in compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings
• Drafting of regular interval-based reports for investigators and other stakeholders
• Following up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordinate collection and submission of reports
• Maintaining filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
• Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions
• Responsible for all logs (calibration, equipment maintenance, training, etc), registers (all enrolments, scheduled follow up registers), documents and site file (updated protocol, informed consent document, eCRF and paper CRFs, all relevant permissions)
• Providing support for efficient functioning of the Project Team
• Ordering and checking resources and purchases for the team
• Primary liaison to the Procurement Department at THSTI for equipment order placement, processing invoices when received
• Management of office stationery supplies, including maintenance of office assets and stationery
• Handling requests of travel and logistics arrangements for the team
• Providing admin support to conferences, workshops and project related field visits
• Assisting in the coordination and delivery of workshops
• Processing requests for identity cards and other documents for research staff.
• Supervise filed technicians
The project manager will be based at Safdarjung hospital in Delhi.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
a) These are short-term positions and extension will be granted subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbents and tenure of the project for which they are selected. Those appointed to these positions will not have any claim for regularization of their employment.
b) All educational, professional and technical qualification should be from a recognized Board/University.
c) The experience requirement specified above shall be the experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications specified for the post.
d) Closing date of online application will be the CRUCIAL DATE for determining eligibility with regard to age, essential qualification etc.
e) The age limit, qualification, experience and other requirements may be relaxed at the discretion of the competent authority, in case of candidates who are otherwise suitable. In case candidates are not found suitable for the posts notified, they can be offered lower post / lower emoluments on the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
f) Age and other relaxations for direct recruits and departmental candidates:
1. By five years for candidates belonging to SC/ST communities.
2. By three years for candidates belonging to OBC communities.
3. For Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) falling under the following categories : (i) UR – ten years, ii) OBC – 13 years (iii) SC/ST – 15 4. Age is relaxable for Central Government servants up to five years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government, from time-to-time.
5. There is no upper age limit for the Institute employees who are treated as departmental candidates.
g) All results will be published on our website and all future communications will be only through email
h) In case a large number of applications are received, screening will be done to limit the number of candidates to those possessing higher/relevant qualification and experience.
i) With regard to any provisions not covered in this notification, the bye laws of THSTI / Govt. of India rules / guidelines shall prevail.
j) Canvassing wrong in any form will be a disqualification
HOW TO APPLY
1. Documents to be kept handy before filling up the online application: (all the documents except (i) should be in pdf format) :
i) A soft copy of your passport size photo and signature. (jpeg/jpg/png format)
ii) A comprehensive CV containing details of qualification, positions held, professional experience / distinctions etc.
ii) Matriculation certificate (equivalent to 10th Standard) / Mark sheet
iv) Intermediate certificate (equivalent to 12th Standard) / Mark sheet
v) Graduation degree certificate / Mark sheet
vi) Post-Graduation degree certificate & Mark sheet
vii) Ph.D or equivalent degree certificate (if applicable)
viii) Relevant experience certificates (if applicable)
ix) Caste / Disability certificate in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India, if applicable
2. Procedure for filling up online application:
i) The eligible and interested candidates may apply online at the Institute’s website thsti.res.in/career. Applications through any other mode will not be accepted.
ii) The following will be the step wise procedure-
A) Step 1 : Details of applicant
B) Step 2 : Uploading of documents
C) Step 3 : Payment of application fee
> The payment can be made by using Debit Card / Credit Card / Internet Banking / UPI.
> Once payment is made, no correction / modification is possible
> Candidates are requested to keep a copy of the provisional receipt for future reference.
> Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
> Details of fees to be paid are as shown below:
Unreserved, OBC & EWS candidates : Rs 236/-
SC/ST/Women/PwBD : Rs 118/
D) Step 4 : Submission of application form
iii) On successful submission of application, an auto-generated email containing the reference number will be sent to the email address provided. Please keep a note of the reference number for future correspondence.
iv) Candidates are required to keep a printout of the online application form by using the print button on the dashboard for future reference.
v) Candidates must ensure that he / she fulfils all the eligibility criteria as stipulated in the advertisement. If it is found that he / she does not fulfil the stipulated criteria during the recruitment process, the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled. If the same is noticed after the appointment, the candidate will be terminated following due process.
vi) Incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
vii) In case of difficulty in filling up the online form, please send e-mail to email@example.com along with the screenshot of the error displayed (if any).
Recruitment notice no.: THS/RN/16/2022
Last date for receipt of online application : 19th May 2022
The applications will be scrutinised/shortlisted and processed for further selection