Banaras Hindu University ranks among the first few in the country in the field of academic and research output. This university has two campuses, 3 institutes, 16 faculties, 140 departments, 4 advanced centers, and four interdisciplinary schools.
The University is making its mark at the national and international levels in a number of frontier areas of Science, Social Science, Technology, Medicine and Agriculture etc.
Applications are invited from Indian nationals in a prescribed format for the one post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work on ICMR sponsored project (File no.52/11/2020-BIO/BMS) entitled “Design and Development of Molecular hybrids in a multifunctional framework for regulating cholinesterases, p-secretase 1, Amyloid p and oxidative stress against Alzheimer’s disease’’ under the supervision of Dr. Sushant Kumar Shrivastava, Professor & Head,Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India.
Post : Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Duration : The post is initially for one year and extendable up to two more years (3 years in total) based on the performance of the candidate. The position is purely temporary and the tenure of the fellowship will be co-terminus with the scheme.
Fellowship Amount : Rs. 31,000 + HRA (as applicable) per month.
Essential qualifications : First class degree in M.Pharm / M.S. (Pharm.) / M.Tech (Pharm) / M.Tech in Medicinal Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Chemistry with GATE/GPAT/CSIR-NET or equivalent examination. The candidates should have a basic degree in pharmacy (B. Pharm) or B.Tech. in Pharmaceutical Technology from IITs. The candidates appearing in the final semester of M.Pharm / M.S.(Pharm) / M.Tech (Pharm) / M. Tech (IDD) with specialization in pharmaceutical/medicinal chemistry are also eligible to apply and are required to submit a letter of recommendation from their supervisor, such candidates need to produce the essential documents justifying qualification in the case of selection.
Desirable qualifications : Candidates with 1-2 years of experience in multi-step organic synthesis with designing of biological experiments in industry/ academic laboratories are desired.
Age limit : 28 Years (relaxable for 5 years for SC/ST, PwBD and Female candidates and 3 years in the case of OBC category). Other reservations will be as per GOI rules.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications in the attached format giving detailed information of education qualification, research experience, and publications it any via email to Principal Investigator, Prof. Sushant Kumar Shrivastava, at email@example.com on or before February 21, 2022.
Candidates are requested to write “Application for JRF” in the subject line of the email. The shortlisted candidates will be informed through an email. No TA/DA will be paid if called for an interview.
General Instructions : .
1. The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
3. Original certificates and self-attested copies of all certificates need to be presented before the interview for verification.
4. Venue of Interview: Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, III (BHU), Varanasi- 221005. Contact no: +91 542-7165737, E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The application should be strictly according to the attached format.